Episode # 447 - Dates as Numbers
Monday, February 19, 2007
Here is a bizarre problem sent in by a viewer. Many of you will think that you know the answer, but this problem is not as simple as it appears. In a worksheet, any dates are instantly converted to their 5 digit serial number. The actual date is shown in the formula bar, but the worksheet cells show the underlying serial number. Yes - my first thought was that someone had formatted the worksheet using a Number format, but this is not the problem. Hint: this is a simple spreadsheet set up to log information, and there is not a single formula anywhere in the worksheet. Episode 447 solves the mystery.
You don't need to go spend an entire day at the local computer chain store to learn Excel. Take 3 minutes to learn this lesson now with our free video!
Tags/Keywords for this video: Formulas
More Excel Video Lessons
If you like this video, there are hundreds of 2-5 minute videos available here:
- Excel training videos about Charts
- Excel training videos about VBA
- Excel training videos about Pivot Tables
- Excel training videos about Data Analysis
- Excel training videos about Formulas
- Excel training videos about Formatting
- Excel training videos about Printing
- Excel training videos about Excel 2007
- Excel Video Lessons Index