Formula for inserting Day Automatically (Help somebody)

rpriestley

Board Regular
I am using cells A1 to A7. When I type Monday in cell A1 I want A2 to automatically by formula to display Tuesday, A3 Wednesday and so on ETC.

For example if I start my week on Wednesday then A2 would display Thursday.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You can just drag from the bottom right hand corner of the cell to fill A2 onwards.

If you type Monday in A1 and drag down it will show tuesday wednesday etc.
If you type Wednesday in A1 and drag down to A2 it would show the next day (Thursday)

Hover the mouse over the bottom corner of cell A1 hold down the mouse button and drag to fill.

Upvote 0
You can just drag from the bottom right hand corner of the cell to fill A2 onwards.

If you type Monday in A1 and drag down it will show tuesday wednesday etc.
If you type Wednesday in A1 and drag down to A2 it would show the next day (Thursday)

Hover the mouse over the bottom corner of cell A1 hold down the mouse button and drag to fill.

Thanks for your help, but I already know this. I am looking for formulas from A2 to A10, So that when I type a day in A1, A2 to A10 will automatically update without user intervention.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Can you just type in the actual date and set the cell format to "dddd"? if so, then you can just type the actual date into cell A1 and in cell2 type =A1+1. If you have the cells formatted to "dddd" then it will show the day of week you are looking for.

Upvote 0
I am looking for formulas from A2 to A10, So that when I type a day in A1, A2 to A10 will automatically update without user intervention.

Try this formula in A3 copied down to A10

=IF(A2="","",TEXT(MATCH(LEFT(A2,2),{"Mo","Tu","We","Th","Fr","Sa","Su"},0)+DATE(4,1,4),"dddd"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back