Sum if meeting all conditions...

sstorm

Board Regular
Please help...I want to sum if there are three conditions in a seperate workbook.

In column "C" I want it to pull "CONNECT"
In column "D" I want it to pull the date in column "A"
In column "H" I want it to pull "Central Illinois 60"

if meeting all this criteria, I want it to sum column "E". I am going to put this sum into a new worksheet on a different file. Is this possible??? Thanks in advance!!

Stacy

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Use SumProduct for more than one condition; note that you cannot reference the entire column (C:C) when using SumProduct.

sstorm said:
Please help...I want to sum if there are three conditions in a seperate workbook.

In column "C" I want it to pull "CONNECT"
In column "D" I want it to pull the date in column "A"
In column "H" I want it to pull "Central Illinois 60"

if meeting all this criteria, I want it to sum column "E". I am going to put this sum into a new worksheet on a different file. Is this possible??? Thanks in advance!!

Stacy

Upvote 0
It looks like you want...

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$2:$C$40="CONNECT"),--($D$2:$D$40=A2),--($H$2:$H$40="Central Illinois 60"),$E$2:$E$40)

Upvote 0
Example:

=SUMPRODUCT((C$1:C$100="CONNECT")*(D$1:D$100=A1)*(H$1:H$100="Central Illinois 60")*(E$1:E$100))

I'll leave you to add the workbook and sheet references and adjust the size of the ranges.

Upvote 0
This is my formula...it returns #NA. It should return 40.

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$C$2:$C$3000="CONNECT")*('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$D$2:$D$3000=A1)*('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$H$2:$H$3000="Central Illinois 60")*'[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$E$2:$E$3000))

Stacy

Upvote 0
sstorm said:
This is my formula...it returns #NA. It should return 40.

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$C$2:$C$3000="CONNECT")*('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$D$2:$D$3000=A1)*('[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$H$2:$H$3000="Central Illinois 60")*'[Future Days Template.xls]FUTURE DAYS'!$E$2:$E$3000))

Stacy

Is it workbooks or worksheets. Anyhow read this thread using the Morefunc add-in and using Threed

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=69076&highlight=sumproduct+threed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back