Append additional data table to a chart

Deb G.

Board Regular
I am creating charts that show the data table appended to it. I have been asked to append some additional information in the form of another table below the data table. Because I thought this was a one-off request, I just created a bunch of text boxes to mimic a table below the "real" data table. It was quite a pain to line up the text boxes, but again, I thought I was doing this once.

Now, I'm being asked to create a whole bunch of charts like this, because, jeeze, didn't everyone just love that concept of having even more data to stare at while examining the chart. Can anyone think of a better way to do this? I tried to see if there was a function that would let me insert an object (table) into the chart area but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Create a table on your worksheet, formatting it so that it looks how you want it to look on the Chart. Select the table, hold down Shift, choose Edit|Copy Picture and click OK. Activate the Chart and choose Edit|Paste. Move the picture to where you want it. While it is active type into the formula bar:

=Sheet1!A1:B4

and press Enter, changing the sheet and range references so that they refer to the original range. That makes it a linked picture - it will change when you change any of the cells on the worksheet. To get it to the right size and shape either change the row heights/columns widths on your worksheet or drag the handles on the actual picture.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back