Filling Crosstab column headings from Combo Box list

ZZSteele

I am trying to fill the Column headings on a Crosstab query from a query where the information was originally obtained from Combo boxes. Here is the process the user goes through...

1.User enters date range for a customer
2.User pushes button and returns a crosstab query with the dates on top and other information beneath

The query this is based on works fine and I am using dates that are actually text which are changed over from short dates on another table. That is not where the problem is. I keep running into the Jet Database not recognizing the combo box information.

I need to find a way to have the crosstab read directly from the original query and not have anything based on the combo boxes. I thought I could get a table to spit out with each query and then delete it when the view is closed, but I have not been successful.

Basically needing dynamic column headings in a crosstab query where the headings are based on ranges given in combo boxes on another form.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi, reading your post I think you have based the crosstab query on another query which is sourcing the dates from a form. And, I take it the select query based on the form is working ok. If this is the case, can you change the select query into a crosstab query and get what you want that way? Please advise if I am reading your post wrong.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, it's too late to edit my response but I see I have just given you advice that directly conflicts with advice you received in your previous post.

If you retian the double query set-up, is your crosstab query only referring to fields in the select query? And nothing on the form? If not then this would be the first thing to change - you can pass any field from the select query to the crosstab query and use it as a row heading (even if you use that field as a column heading) so you shouldn't need to refer to the drop down / combo box on the form in the crosstab query.

The second thing to do is eliminate the calculations from the crosstab query and do as many as you can on the select query. If you need a grand total or a subtotal, then you can always do those on the report instead of in the queries. Keep the crosstab query as simple as possible. You might want to build it up from scratch adding one field at a time to work out exactly which part is making it not work.

If none of this helps, can you post some additional details as to the fields in your table(s) and what you would like to see in the crosstab query / report?

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back