View on screen is B&W even tho I color the font, lines,

windynights

Excel 2003, Windows XP part of MS Office Basic Edition, Version 11.5612.5703: Does anybody have any idea why - I do not see the font/cell/gridline *colors* on my screen? They will PRINT in color. I can also "print preview" and see color, but for some reason, when I am working with an active spreadsheet, it always shows up in black and white!

Strangly, when I am typing in a cell, I can even see the color that the font is 'supposed to be', but once I finish typing the cell, it becomes black & white.

I have searched and searched. I have Excel at work and am very able to set the colors. It helps me when working with long detailed spreadsheets. But at home, on XP, all I can see is B&W.

I have no trouble seeing color in PowerPoint, Word, or any other program.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Re: View on screen is B&W even tho I color the font, lin

A long shot, but if you go to Start->Control Panel, double-click Accessibility Options (or click Switch to Classic View) then double-click Accessibility Options, click on the Display tab, is "Use High Contract" checked?

Upvote 0

Yes, "Use High Contrast" is checked under accessibility options.

Should it not be?

One of the weirdest things is that - if I log in under my daughter's account, her Excel works just fine. I can see all the colors on the screen. It is just the Excel I reach through *my* account - that only shows up in B&W. Do you think I need to reload the software? That is all I can think of to do.

thanks -

Upvote 0

YOU FIXED IT!!! YES. When I took the check off of "high contrast" under accessibility options, NOW I can see colors in Excel!! And My Email in Outlook Express is showing color too now!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am so glad you took that "long shot"!!

VERY GRATEFUL!

Upvote 0
iew on screen is B&W even tho I color the font, lines,

I had black and white only on my screen for Excel charts. I went into the control panel, accessibility options, and the I had the color set on "high resolution" the box was checked, I changed it, unchecked it, hit apply, and I TOO NOW HAVE COLOR ON EXCEL CHARTS. THANKS.

Sam Pierce
Fayetteville, NC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back