Can't track duplicates from Access to Excel

L

Legacy 67838

I have an Access database with a couple of linked tables that point to Excel worksheets.

There is also a query in the Access database that finds duplicates in one of the linked tables. When I run this query I get back 4 instances where two duplicates are found (i.e. two identical rows in the Access DB occur four times), but when I look in the Excel worksheet there are no duplicates.

I've seen this kind of thing before and it was caused by "Number stored as Text" errors in Excel. This looks like the same thing again (The value of #Num! is displayed for the offending field in Access) except when I look at it in Excel there are no errors.

I think they are probably false duplicates but I can't figure out how to get the "duplicates" to go away!

My first question is if the field is specified as "Text" in Access and the data shows up as "Num! why doesn't the corresponding row in Excel show a "Number stored as text" error? I might be able to deal with it if I could see the error but there are no such errors. I went through the entire spreadsheet.

I also tried reformatting the column in the Excel spreadsheet but this did not help.

Any insight that anybody can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back