Array question?

mikeymay

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Not sure if an array is the best way to deal with this problem, but as I'm not too hot on arrays I hope somebody can help.

I have a list of data that holds a Cost Centre in column A, Activity Code in column B and monthly costs in columns C-N in a worksheet called 'Data'

In a seperate worksheet called 'Summaries' I have a list of Cost Centres and a Summary type an adjacent cell.

I have a worksheet for each Cost Centre that lists that cost centres activity codes and gives a total per month.

There are 5 Summary types that can be linked to any of the 18 different Cost centres, so 1 Summary type can be made up of 2 or more Cost Centres.

I also have a worksheet that needs the totals of each Activity Code in a Cost Centre for each summary type, ie if Cost Centres 15121, 17128 & 17129 are flagged with Summary type AED I need the AED worksheet to SUM all Activity codes in the 3 Cost Centre worksheets.

I need some script that will add a SUMIF formula to a list of Activity codes in the AED worksheet but as I don't know which sheets it will need to be linking to until my macro has looked at the list of Cost Centres and Summary types I'm not sure if using '=SUMIF(rest of furmula)+SUMIF(rest of formula)+SUMIF(rest of fumula)+, etc, etc is the best policy.

I would post some screen shots as the above looks complicated to follow, but not sure how to do this. If someone can let me know I will post a reply with the required screen shots.

Thnaks in advance

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back