Removing Gridlines

Cjardin

Is there any way to set Excel up to ALWAYS default to NO gridlines? I hate gridlines and have never found a way to make "no gridlines" the default.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Configure a workbook without gridlines and Save As... Book.xlt into your XLStart folder. See the Excel Help topic for "Create a workbook template for new workbooks".

Upvote 0
One way is to create a workbook,Remove the Gridlines through Tools¦Options then save it as a template in XLSTART Folder.

Now everytime you Start excel it will load a blank workbook without Gridlines.

Upvote 0
Gridlines followup

Mark/Jaafar - Thanks so much. I actually did not ask the more important question - how to add sheets to existing workbooks without gridlines. However, your info pointed me in the right direction and I now have both sheet and workbook templates without gridlines!! (I actually fell pretty stupid, I can't believe I did not figure this out myself!

BUT - now when I open Excel and my workbook template opens, I get a "normal.dot: file format is not valid" error, I click OK and things are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Incidentally, there's a cool little icon in the Forms toolbar (why Forms and not Format is beyond me) that toggles the grid on and off with a single click. I have it dragged up into one of my toolbars.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back