Column Limit

Myke

I need to extend a table (and its a MAMMOTH!!!) past the Column limit of IV. Can excel be made to do this (I only need to go to IY) ??

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Unfortunately because of the nature of the sheet, Columns from F-IV are all formulas in a calculation matrix (approximately 2.6Million formulas in total :eek: ) if I were to add another Sheet to the book then it would mean a LOT of recalculation to "point" to the new sheet. Thanks for your help though. I'll just have to tell our MD :pray: (again) that if he needs the workbook to do more than it does, he'll have to pay for a proper database !!!
:oops:

Upvote 0
Myke said:
Unfortunately because of the nature of the sheet, Columns from F-IV are all formulas in a calculation matrix (approximately 2.6Million formulas in total :eek: ) if I were to add another Sheet to the book then it would mean a LOT of recalculation to "point" to the new sheet. Thanks for your help though. I'll just have to tell our MD :pray: (again) that if he needs the workbook to do more than it does, he'll have to pay for a proper database !!!
:oops:

Im no expert, but it sounds like you could easily export your s/sheet to Access

HTH

Alan

Upvote 0
I think that you could just cut your data from a-H and paste them to a new sheet. Excel should correct all of the formulas for you.

Peter

Upvote 0
Actually, thats not a bad idea. I've been obsessing about columns f-IV and forgot all about moving the A-E columns!! Thanks!!

Oh... and yes. It would be great to put it in Access but our MD (whose knowledge of computers spans as far as "Why cant I get my email from my [UNCONNECTED TO THE NETWORK] laptop") decided that we didnt really need Access. Despite the fact that half ou business now relies of a spreadsheet which is so large it takes about 30 second to open!!!

Once again, thanks for the help guys. What would I do without ya !!! :wink:

Upvote 0
My formula is not that long. 46 out of 48 uses are good and return data. The 2 that do not are in the middle of the 48 and reference values above and below the problem cells. What gives?
Here are the formulas and ranges
=VLOOKUP("SA01a", $E$10:$P$165,10, TRUE) returns 0
=VLOOKUP("SA02a", $E$10:$P$165,10, TRUE) returns 0
=VLOOKUP("SA03a", $E$10:$P$165,10, TRUE) works fine

Can anyone solve it?

Upvote 0
Myke

You really need to get this out of Excel into another more application.

Perhaps if you pointed out to the MD that this might save money/time and wouldn't cost too much they might rethink things.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back