Returning multiple values from a lookup list

asawhill

I'm trying to lookup and return mulitple values from a list based one a single criteria. I know that this can easily be done in Access or in Excel via VBA programming or autofilters. Is there a way to do this using a function or combination of functions?

For example, in my data table, I have two columns: one for product category, and one for stock number. I would like to return all the stock numbers for a particular product category based on an input in a separate cell.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=49044#javascript:void(0);

Here is an alternative for this...

Saurabh

Upvote 0
Great! That helped a lot! I now have a new hiccup: my new list has multiple instances of the same stock number. Without using any special function add-ins, is there a way to condense this list down to unique values only (example below)? The users of this spreadsheet will not have any special functions on their version of Excel 2002 so the "MONCONCAT" and "UNIQUEVALUES" functions aren't applicable. Thanks.

Stock Number

Upvote 0
asawhill said:
...my new list has multiple instances of the same stock number. Without using any special function add-ins, is there a way to condense this list down to unique values only (example below)?...

Stock Number

One option is to invoke Data|Filter|Advanced Filter with the Unique records only option checked. Another is an efficient formula system. Just post back if you need the latter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back