how to insert image into reply?

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Apparently, I can insert an image (i.e. URL of JPG on a file-sharing website) into a new posting.

But I do not see that feature when composing a reply (after Go Advanced).

How can I insert an image (URL of JPG) into a reply?

Never mind! I now see the Insert Image icon. Klunk!

(I would have deleted this thread, but I see any way to do that in this forum, at least not after the 10-min edit window.)

I had the same question. I use Pixentral to create a URL, then pasted into the "allowed file types" field. But the "allowed file types" are not accessible; I mean how do you enter a jpg file?

Simple answer if the image you want to post is of a spreadsheet is not to post using IMG tags (for Jpegs or any other images) but rather to use the MrExcel HTLM Maker or Excel Jeanie (there are links to both in my signature).

The problem with using IMG is that you can't copy it from the thread into a spreadsheet and most posters won't retype the data for testing and so will skip the thread.

Last edited:
Simple answer if the image you want to post is of a spreadsheet is not to post using IMG tags (for Jpegs or any other images) but rather to use the MrExcel HTLM Maker or Excel Jeanie (there are links to both in my signature).
Thanks. I will play with the HTML Maker feature. I don't like having to upload JPG files and posting URLs. They are extra steps.

I dl'd the image maker and ran it in XL 2010, but got a compile error message and nothing happened.

I also dl'd the zipped html maker but that needed an activation code.

Last edited:
I dl'd the image maker and ran it in XL 2010, but got a compile error message and nothing happened
What do you mean by "image maker"? do you mean Excel Jeanie? if yes then for a basic post all you do is (once installed in your Excel add-ins) select your cells, click add-ins, click EJH4e, click Excel Jeanie in the dropdown, click the Forum Standard button and paste directly in the thread (it'll come out as HTML code), select all the code and paste again, then post your thread.

You can test it Here

I also dl'd the zipped html maker but that needed an activation code

If you mean the MrExcel HTML maker then I am afraid that I can't remember any activation code being needed and didn't get one as far as I got with installing it again (obviously it stopped once the already installed version was recognized as being open).
For a few more instructions read Post #2 Here (but don't try the link as it isn't currently working)

I can't remember needing one for Jeanie but if there is then it would be there in the installation / activation instructions (which is on the left hand side on the front page in the link).

By the way I have updated the link to Excel Jeanie in my signature to the latest English page (thanks to Peter SS for providing the new link in another thread)

Borders-Copy-Paste only works with Internet explorer.

Hope there is something there to get you further.

Last edited:
If you mean the MrExcel HTML maker then I am afraid that I can't remember any activation code being needed

I did and it turns out that it doesn't work with XL 2010; which may be the reason I got that request.

So I dl'd Excel Jeanie and will follow the instructions for installing and using that.

Works fine with my 2010. The only issue I know of with both is if you run Excel 64 bit.

I did and it turns out that it doesn't work with XL 2010;
That's not correct, unless 64 bit version. Here's proof today. Where did you download the MrExcelMaker from (there have been different versions in different locations)? As far as I am aware, the latest version can be found at the link in my signature block (& Mark's) and it is the HtmlMaker20101230.zip that you have to download. There is an instruction file in that zip.

I was not asked for an activation code when I installed that version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back