how to insert image (redux)

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I clicked on the Insert Image icon while composing a response and entered a shared link provided by box.net (https://app.box.com/s/5te1j5p9yqj41282hqd1. However, the image does not appear, whether I used Firefox 19 or IE 8.

The help information for the Insert Image icon says the file must be a JPG et al. The original file is. However, the URL for the uploaded file does not end in ".jpg", as you can see. Is that the problem?

If so, how can I use Insert Image with that box.net file?

Note: I mean: using this GUI interface. I do not want to use some alternative like MrExcel HTLM Maker or Excel Jeanie, which were mention in a previous thread.

I would reconsider the idea of using an image like a Jpeg if you are posting spreadsheet data as posters can't copy and paste your image directly into Excel and so would have to re-type your data.

What you will find is a lot of regular posters will skip the thread as they won't spend the time re-typing it to either work with or test.

Just advice :)

Last edited:
I would reconsider the idea of using an image like a Jpeg if you are posting spreadsheet data as posters can't copy and paste your image directly into Excel and so would have to re-type your data.

**Comments removed by moderator**

I am asking how to make the Insert Image feature work if the URL does not end in ".jpg". At least, I assume that is the reason it does not work for me.

I do not have the option of changing the URL, AFAIK. According to box.net support, it is a premium feature; I would have to pay for a "subscription".

If Insert Image does work only with URLs that end with ".jpg" (and some others), I will have to look for another (free) site where I can post JPG files and get sharable URLs with the necessary extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the abrupt reponse I will give some more advice (and no more) .
I use box.net only for links to files and Photobucket for images where you can post the link directly in thr thread.
And my original post still stands.

Last edited:
joeu2004

Please make yourself aware of #1 of the Forum Rules
The poster here was offering free, well-meant advice. If it isn't what you wanted, please say so in a polite way or ignore it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back