Using the 'Advanced Search' feature on my 'Subscribed Threads' only

jfarc

Is there any way to do this?

Many times I know I've come across a certain topic that I added to my 'Subscribed Threads' list, so it is now full of many pages of great info specific to my past needs. But when I want to find one of these past threads I've already subscribed to, I can't seem to use the Search function and limit it only to my list of Subscribed Threads.

If this isn't a feature, it would be great to add this so it can be done without going through the entire process of re-searching the million+ posts out here to look for the one I know I've already tagged.

Is there any way to do this?
As far as I am aware - No. You are right that it would be handy though.

A couple of options to consider given the current circumstances.

1. I generally use Google Chrome as my browser and add those 'special' threads to my Bookmarks, which are organised into folders (eg Filter, Lookup, Data Validation etc). When adding to Bookmarks I can also rename the item to something meaningful to me. This makes finding the special threads/posts considerably easier and the Bookmarks can be searched if required. I occasionally export my Bookmarks and save them to a Cloud Drive so that I can still get access to the list/hyperlinks even when away from my normal computer.

2. When subscribing to threads manually, you can add them to specific folders (again Filter, Lookup, Data Validation or whatever you like) which may also help locate them later. Folders created/edited via Subscribed Threads -> My Subscriptions -> Edit Folders. The problem with this is that, as far as I am aware, you cannot rename the hyperlink so if the thread title is say "Help", that doesn't tell you much. For that reason I don't use this method but you might find it some use.

As far as I am aware - No. You are right that it would be handy though.

...... adding to Bookmarks ......

I didn't think about this. That would be a good solution since this forum doesn't have the capability. I also already created & maintain quite a large Excel workbook with all the coding samples I've found that were useful. But, sometimes the concepts that are discussed in these threads are as valuable as the actual coding itself.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back