How to edit non-last post in thread?

Dendro

Hi, is there a way to edit a post that is not your last post in the thread? I have seen and used the function on the bottom of your last post to edit a post. But sometimes I only later find out about an error i made, and the edit function isn't there...sigh

So is it possible, and if it is where can i find it?

PS: i hope i put this in the correct place in the forum as I did not really see anything that would fit and saw the "...&other questions"

I've moved your question to the 'About This Board' forum.

Editing is not dependent on whether it is your last post or not - it is time-driven. You can only edit a post in the 10 minutes after you first make that post.

Hi, is there a way to edit a post that is not your last post in the thread? I have seen and used the function on the bottom of your last post to edit a post. But sometimes I only later find out about an error i made, and the edit function isn't there...sigh

So is it possible, and if it is where can i find it?

I think it may be possible for a moderator to edit your post for you some time later, if you ask them nicely?

I think it may be possible for a moderator to edit your post for you some time later, if you ask them nicely?
It would need to be a VERY good reason as we are all volunteers and have plenty to do already. In most cases, you should just reply to the thread yourself and provide the correct information/explanation.

we are all volunteers and have plenty to do already....
.. and great and very commendable that they give their time to pass on the benefits of their experience and knowledge (even to idiots like me!)

In most cases, you should just reply to the thread yourself and provide the correct information/explanation.
... But be careful not to do it too quickly, as your thread will no longer look as "un-read" and there is the zero replies posts button which a lot of regular posters look at.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back