Paste from Word issue

farmock2

When I recently posted on the forum, I clicked on the Paste from Word icon but could not paste after I copied from a Word document. Any help would be

appreciated.

Not sure what to tell you but I have posted the rubbish below from Word using that option.
What are you trying to achieve that you can't with an ordinary Copy/Paste?
I'm using Google Chrome in case that is relevant.

FFFSAFFSFD
SFSF
SDFS
SDFSDF

The table above and this text were posted using the Paste from Word option.
(I did add the table borders after pasting)

I could not get regular copy and paste to work. I am using IE. Thanks for the reply.

rty
yr
fhg
fhg

OK, the above was done in IE but was a bit trickier. (Again borders added later)

Try adding www.mrexcel.com under Compatibility View Settings.

In any case, what are you trying to get from Word into this forum?

When I recently posted on the forum, I clicked on the Paste from Word icon but could not paste after I copied from a Word document. Any help would be

appreciated.

Hi farmock,
I tackled this at some length when I started on this Board and had some good help form Peter here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/780464-re-text-format-forums-o00o-`-_-`-o00o-4.html
. I t is worth trying to get it right at the start and check out the links in Peter’s signature. It may take a bit of time to get those HTML Maker things up and running but it helps everyone in the long run to get info clearly across. And then try to do as much as you can with those tools working as much as possible within the MrExcel editor window.
. As regards bringing in things from WORD specifically.
. I still find it is a bit of trial and error with some things working better in different Browsers. I have IE9 and Google Chrome presently. Often before posting a thread I must try out in the test area using different browsers and methods to see wot gets the best results. In addition I supplement by learning and writing a bit of HTML, for example to get extra spaces in Text as the MrExcell editor seems to always reduce more than one space to one. (I find that annoying if You want to break a code down for example for demonstration purposes by pulling it apart as it were with large spaces between..).

. One gem of info I found coincidentally, Once you have something copied in the clipboard from WORD it can make a difference how you paste it in to the MrExcel Editor.

<moved to Test forum by Admin>

Alan
Bavaria

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: ......Today, here the HTML is not working ?!?.

I just ries the same expariment in the Test Area and it was !?.

So I rest my case:

……….. . I still find it is a bit of trial and error with some things working better in different Browsers. I have IE9 and Google Chrome presently. Often before posting a thread I must try out in the test area using different browsers and methods to see wot gets the best results.…

and add to that ...

I still find it is a bit of trial and error with some things working better in different Browsers. I have IE9 and Google Chrome presently. Often before posting a thread I must try out in the test area or on the thread forum itself using different browsers and methods to see wot gets the best results in that forum on that day!!!!!!

Note: ......Today, here the HTML is not working ?!?.
There's nothing special about today - it never works in this forum. It is turned off here - see bottom right of page.

Please try to keep your posts short and to the point. Such long posts make threads hard to follow.

Please try to keep your posts short and to the point. Such long posts make threads hard to follow.

OK thanks, I did think I was starting to ramble a bit , sorry, just trying to help!

There's nothing special about today - it never works in this forum. It is turned off here - see bottom right of page.

Thanks, I missed the obvious again. Can this be turned on (please!)

No, it will not be turned on. And please keep your test posts in the Test forum, where the ones in this thread have been moved.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back