Session timeout in this forum

drhansenjr

Would it be possible to increase the session timeout in this forum? I have posted here a few times in the last several days and have several times had to rewrite my posts because my session timed out before I could finish my post. The session timeout seems awfully short. Just a suggestion. Thanks.

If you click the "Remember Me" check box when you login, it should not log you out.

. For longer posts you could prepare the thread for example in WORD then copy it across in one go. Maybe check it first by pasting in the Test Area Forum as there can be strange Browser dependant problems, things like spaces appearing or disappearing, colors changing/vanishing etc.

. But be aware that shorter posts are preferred by many of the people in the forum that give very good answers to difficult problems in the forum. It can be as tricky compromise giving enough info to explain your problem fully and not making the thread too long that these people who are so active skip over it as they do not have enough time to read it all.

Alan

. For longer posts you could prepare the thread for example in WORD then copy it across in one go. Maybe check it first by pasting in the Test Area Forum as there can be strange Browser dependant problems, things like spaces appearing or disappearing, colors changing/vanishing etc.
I have no idea why you would even consider all that when you can compose your post directly in the forum, including previewing the results. Seems like it is inviting problems to me.

I have no idea why you would even consider all that when you can compose your post directly in the forum, including previewing the results. Seems like it is inviting problems to me.

Sometimes the previews can change the format.
But as you commented before, in the preview you can just re-paste HTML stuff to overcome that problem.
Again it is all only a problem with the longer posts, and I accept your previous comments about trying to keep Posts short and to the point anyway.:)
Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back