Board wish list

EDIT !
..... In another words, take the time to post a good question in the first place.
............. You can always reply back with clarifications.
. Yep. Yep. (, and of course you can test the reply first in the test Area:
Test Here )
Alan

EDIT !

. Yep. Yep. (, and of course you can test the reply first in the test Area:
Test Here )
Alan

Blonde moment here (not being PC), why would you use the test area as an experienced board member, maybe construct the answer in a WYSIWYG editor, then when happy paste once, preview the post and fix any formatting issues.

So much like the angry email, write by all means but don't send it the same day

Hi
..... why would you use the test area as an experienced board member, maybe construct the answer in a WYSIWYG editor, then when happy paste once, preview the post and fix any formatting issues.....
_ Very good point worth mentioning. So Thanks for that contribution. You have stated the perfect solution for some people. So people should take note of all you said.
_ It does not work for me. I have posted more times than I can remember explaining why, and do not want to labour the points again why it does not work for me ( here at MrExcel in particular )

_ just a few things that i remember off-hand:

_1 The biggest problem for me is that i get logged out automatically after a few minutes. PLEASE DO NOT tell me to click the remember me Box or anything.. That and Everything has been suggested to me in the past. The bottom line ( confirmed by a few others also ) is : Some Combinations of Forum Software and Internet browsers and Internet browser settings etc. Etc. Etc. All work such that you get a very short time out. It is just Lick. I am and a small minority are unlucky. Bottom line is that i have to keep refreshing and every refresh chucks out anything in the reply editor window. So I have to start again.
( BTW. Worth noting, Mole, that this problem is a little bit better for me since you and Mark helped
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/lounge-v-2-0/858154-mr-excel-logs-me-out-so-soon.html#post4170995
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/830361-board-wish-list.html#post4067918
.......................)

_2 there is a nice code pasting Tool I like to use available from Kyle123
vBulletin Chrome Extension
This only works in
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

_3 BTW. I am not really an experienced User. My Post number is misleading. As soon as i learned anything at all i tried to put something back, answering a lot of the simpler but time consuming Threads. I know virtually nothing about computers in general. So still struggle with many issues.

Thanks for the Input, Mole.
Alan

P.s.
So much like the angry email, write by all means but don't send it the same day
_ I do that often by preparing my reply in WORD, then pasting that in some time later. A solution that also helps with my time out problem . But there are issues there also discussed to death, so i do not want too labour those points again either.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/814925-paste-word-issue.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/lounge-v-2-0/858154-mr-excel-logs-me-out-so-soon.html#post4173034
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/815954-session-timeout-forum.html#post3985640

P.P.s. You are a fan of or You like maybe WYSIWYG editor, or not ? is your signature meant to be ironic - I mean with the laughing :LOL:. I was never sure. I do find WYSIWYG editor useful sometimes especially with my ability to paste in pretty colours from word.....
Editor Formating Test
_ But some Moderators here really seem to hate it. Some Forums do not have it.

Last edited:
I like ironic things and nearly always smiling, I used to struggle with fonts and colours until i found the enhanced options. I've never had a problem with staying logged on (Always use firefox as default for me)

Hi
...I used to struggle with fonts and colours until i found the enhanced options. ...
. I think it is standard now as default. ( maybe it changed along the way since you joined, hence you had to discover it.. )
.....I've never had a problem with staying logged on (Always use firefox as default for me)
.... as i said an endless Theme, not worth labouring too much again ( I never have issues with IE 9. The problem is just Google Chrome for me... for others not always etc. etc... etc
Alan

One could argue I suppose like being allowed to make a signature, the allowed editing time could be increased t some point. But as always I appreciate, as always that is extra / work and complication.

Just a suggestion.
For the record, there are very few "new" suggestions that we see here on the board. Almost every single detail of this board has been reviewed and debated in painstaking detail over the years, and deliberately set one way or another for very specific reasons. If you review some old posts, you can usually find multiple discussions on the same "new" suggestions time-and-time again.

Hi

For the record, there are very few "new" suggestions that we see here on the board..... If you review some old posts, you can usually find multiple discussions on the same "new" suggestions time-and-time again.

Agreed. I try very hard to find them all, ( which is never easy ) and as you see always referrence any that come close when I post... I think I try more than most to review Old Threads, and try to encourage others to do so, as in my signature
Alan

Hey all, keep up the good work. So helpful when I get stuck with Excel functions and the like.. (although still waiting on a recently posted question)

Is there anywhere in the forum or has it already been discussed to include a Like button or Favorites, perhaps, so that when a user comes across a thread with a particularly useful bit of information he can favorite it to his MrExcel account rather than using one of the independents like StumbleUpon, etc.?

Thanks!

Is there anywhere in the forum or has it already been discussed to include a Like button or Favorites, perhaps, so that when a user comes across a thread with a particularly useful bit of information he can favorite it to his MrExcel account rather than using one of the independents like StumbleUpon, etc.?
There is a "Like" link in the lower right-hand corner of each post.

You can also Subscribe to any thread that you like, even if you do not post to it. Just click on the Thread Tools drop-down menu at the top of the thread, and select Subscribe to This Thread. Then whenever you click on your Subscriptions, the thread will be listed there.
Of course, you can also add any thread to your Internet Browser Favorites. I keep a folder called Programming which I keep a bunch in.

although still waiting on a recently posted question
You usually will have better luck if you post your questions to a New Thread, instead of tacking it on to an old existing thread. There is a feature here called "Zero Reply Posts" that many of us use to look for unanswered questions. If you post on to an existing thread, it will never show up there, and most of us will miss your question entirely.

It is usually better to post a brand new question, and contain a link back to another thread, if you think that might be helpful to your question.

Last edited:
There is a "Like" link in the lower right-hand corner of each post.

You can also Subscribe to any thread that you like, even if you do not post to it. Just click on the Thread Tools drop-down menu at the top of the thread, and select Subscribe to This Thread. Then whenever you click on your Subscriptions, the thread will be listed there.
Of course, you can also add any thread to your Internet Browser Favorites. I keep a folder called Programming which I keep a bunch in.

You usually will have better luck if you post your questions to a New Thread, instead of tacking it on to an old existing thread. There is a feature here called "Zero Reply Posts" that many of us use to look for unanswered questions. If you post on to an existing thread, it will never show up there, and most of us will miss your question entirely.

It is usually better to post a brand new question, and contain a link back to another thread, if you think that might be helpful to your question.

Thanks for the feedback, Joe4. I'll repost there..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back