Default Email Notification settings

DocAElstein

Banned user
Hi
. 1) Just wondering what new members have for default settings these days. Particularly in Notifications by E-mail of responses to their Threads. Just asking as often fairly good responses to questions seem to never be responded to by the OP if the answers are not quite quick. I thought maybe that might suggest once a Post goes down the list and “off the screen” as it were as that they might “give up?” if they never hear anything.
. 2) Also although I mostly get notifications, sometimes I seem to not be informed of all responses, (which is indeed indicated when one does receive a notification) and as I, like many people I guess, do not always look through the entire Post every time and occasionally therefore miss one if there are multiple responses. - Is there a way in personal settings to set to always to be notified of all Posts in a Thread I am subscribed?

Thanks
Alan

Hi
. 1) Just wondering what new members have for default settings these days. Particularly in Notifications by E-mail of responses to their Threads. Just asking as often fairly good responses to questions seem to never be responded to by the OP if the answers are not quite quick. I thought maybe that might suggest once a Post goes down the list and “off the screen” as it were as that they might “give up?” if they never hear anything. .......

BUMP,

It has come up a few times with me now that New Members say they were notified of my responses.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/852440-comparing-description-between-files-if-matches-pull-price-data.html?#post4150314

.. As I tend to answer a lot of new member's I am a bit concerned that my efforts are unecerssarily therefore going to waste...

.. Can a mod check this please.

Thanks,
Alan

The default is to subscribe with instant email notification. As far as I know, you get a notification for the first response after yours, but not one for every response - I'm not sure if there's a setting for that, but it wouldn't be per user.

The default is to subscribe with instant email notification. .......

OK, thanks,
.. weird then what I experience, or maybe not - as I expect often people register quickly with a new email address and name , try quickly their luck, then trash the email address, or ignore it.. ( .-as we know, the “one post new members” make up I think over half the member quota ( TFM Threads on that to quote ).
. But that is OK. Getting quota up helps I guess the Board to get revenue, and keep doing what is a great job, so at the end of the Day, good so…… Can’t complain after the great help I have had here
Alan
:);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back