J.Ty.

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
My local settings cause my Excel to use ',' as a decimal separator in floating point numbers, and consequently ';' to separate arguments in formulas. I use HTML Maker for posting here.

Today, in the thread http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...torial-probabilities-without-replacement.html, I have noted that HTML Maker:
  • does replace ';' by ',' in formulas (so that people can use my formulas without manual modifications),
  • but does not replace ',' by '.' in floating point numbers (so that people can not use my numbers without manual modifications).

I would like HTML Maker to do that latter replacement, too.

J.Ty.

I'm Agree With J.Ty.
hope for some new changes of this beautiful HTML Maker ADD-INS

Hi,
. I have found the whole “,” “.” Convention difference between “us: Europe” and “Them: English / American” to be a nightmare, especially after I started learning VBA.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/questi...ations-komma-punkt-tausend-zahl-problem.html?

. I am not sure if there is a satisfactory solution with these issues. To date the best compromise I found was to go with “them” as much as possible….

For example go into Excel Options:
(Click somewhere left upper (i.e. Vista XL 2007 Office button ; Vista XL 2010 First Tab in Ribbon (Datei or Data or File )) ;
- Look for, or scroll down to, Excel Options – Click ;
- Click Erweiterte (Advanced)

…… then change this..

…………
To this:…

……………..
Alan
Hof
Bavaria
Deutschland

P.s.

…….
My Excel uses ";" to separate arguments in functions, and they sometimes stay there when I copy-paste or insert a screenshot. In such cases please replace ";" by "," everywhere. …..
J.Ty.

You may find this generally useful, but I am not sure if it is in your language? But maybe one language is similar to yours in Excel? In any case you can use an option there to change ";" by "," in Formulars:
Home • Excel-Translator

Hi,
You may find this generally useful, but I am not sure if it is in your language? But maybe one language is similar to yours in Excel? In any case you can use an option there to change ";" by "," in Formulars:
Home • Excel-Translator

Dear DocAElstein,

My Excel and Windows are not issues. It is about HTML Maker, which produces an inconsistent picture. If you look at my screenshot from the quoted thread, you notice comma used to separate arguments in formulas, and at the same time as a decimal separator in the cell values. These two different uses cannot coexist, because they would produce ambiguous results, e.g.

Code:
=SUM(1,2,3)

Is this a sum of three integers (and the result should be 6) or of an integer and a floating point number (and then you have two results to choose from: (1,2)+3=4,2 and 1+(2,3)=3,3).

I strongly prefer HTML Maker to produce all-US result (decimal dot) and this is what I propose to the authors of that, otherwise quite nice, software.

J.Ty.

P.S. My Excel and Windows are US English, but I live in Poland and speak Polish. They both get the local settings resulting from choosing my localization, currency, time format, etc. and I do not complain about it. I read and write German, if that matters for you.

Hello J.Ty.

……..
My Excel and Windows are not issues. It is about HTML Maker, ……

P.S. My Excel and Windows are US English, ….They both get the local settings resulting from choosing my localization, currency, time format, etc. and I do not complain about it. ……

. Ok. I understand your issue is with the HTML Maker, sorry I side – tracked the issue. ( I had assumed mistakenly that you were using a European version of Excel. I did quickly review that Thread. I do not understand why you therefore have a comma used as a decimal separator in the cell values. For example, since I did the change indicated in my Post #3 this would not work:

Hallo J.Ty.
. Alles klar. Ich verstehe sie haben eine Vorschlag für die HTML Maker. Ich endschuldigen mir davor das ich auf’s andere Thema drauf gegangen bin. Ich hab kurz das Thread von ihnen geschaut. Ich verstehe deswegen nicht warum sie da Komma als dezimal Trennzeichen habe? Als Beispiel, seit ich die Änderung das ich erklärt habe in mein Post #3 gemacht habe, wäre die folgenderer nicht funktionieren:

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
1​
ABCProbability
2​
3​
4​
=D2+D3​

Resulting in an error:

Das gibt eine Fehler:

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
1​
ABCProbability
2​
3​
4​
#WERT!​

………………………………………………

However, this would work

Aber bei mir diese wäre Funktionieren

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
1​
ABCProbability
2​
3​
4​
=D2+D3​

Resulting in this:
Und ergibt:

Row\Col
A​
B​
C​
D​
1​
ABCProbability
2​
3​
4​
0.141026​

……
. But I appreciate that your issue is with the HTML Maker and I have side tracked the issue, my apologies. I was just suggesting that going over to using „.“ As decimal point might be an alternative soultion

. Aber, wie gesagt, ich verstehe sie wollen hier meist übers HTML Maker reden, ich endschuldigen mir davor das ich etwa in falscher Richtung gegangen bin. Ich wollte nur Vorschlag das evtl. die benutzen von „.“ As dezimal Trennzeichen wäre evtl. eine anderer Möglichkeit

Alan Elston

P.s. I am actually English, but have lived here in Germany for about 20 years

Übrigens, ich bin Engländer, wohn aber seit etwa 20 Jahr in Deutschland

FWIW, I think I have corrected that issue in my version - feel free to test it. :)

Rory,

Where is your version?

J.Ty.

See the first link in my signature.

. Rory,
. Thanks again for The new additions and updates on your tools.
. A very minor point or small bit of Feedback. The BB Spreadsheet Range Generator I just noticed does not include the Sheet name. That would be useful if at some time it was not too much trouble to include.
. But that is a minor point. It is a great “All in One Package” that you have done, as it includes the newest version of the HTML Maker also.

. A very minor point or small bit of Feedback. The BB Spreadsheet Range Generator I just noticed does not include the Sheet name. That would be useful if at some time it was not too much trouble to include.

Forum Tools Download Range Generator 11.03.2015:-

Excel 2007
Row\Col
A
B
VistaXL 2007
Aspire4810TZG
Tabelle1

Excel 2010
Row\Col
A
B
VistaXL2010
Aspire7535G
Tabelle1

Excel 2010
Row\Col
A
B
Win7 (Starter)XL 2010
LGX120
Tabelle1

Excel 2007
-
A
B
VistaXL 2007
Aspire4810TZG
Thanks

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzzlightyear

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back