How to make a signature and when can i use attachments

LOL.... I keep my signature nice and simple (for now!) TX

Cheers for that link reg. attachments. I'll use file sharing sites like OneDrive if I need to share a file. TX.

I would advise that you only use an offsite File sharing site like OneDrive, Box.com, Dropbox etc. when you absolutely have to (there are some times when only the actual file will do but normally anyone responding to a question will state that hey need to see it).

There are 2 reasons for this

1) A fair few of the more knowledgeable posters won't download from outside sites due to either restrictions on what they can download at the site they are posting from or they won't download files because of the added risk of infection.

2) You need to be aware of the part of Rule #7 in the quote below (some of which duplicates what I stated in #1).

Likewise, please do not answer questions by creating solutions elsewhere and then referencing those solutions via file links. We ask that you answer the question within the thread itself (note: providing links to existing articles on the internet is acceptable).

To that effect, please do not simply create a file with a solution, and provide a link to that. Some of the issues with providing links to files uploaded to the internet are: those links often expire, many users cannot download files from file-sharing sites due to network security restrictions, and many users are reluctant to download files for personal security reasons.

The Moderators on this board are a bit more easy going than on some Forums and won't ban you but they would prefer you not to take things off the board

You are better off in most cases following the board recommended ways of posting screenshots (see http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html]Attachments) which are basically the links in both mine and DocAElstein's signatures (with the exception that we both have an addin from RoryA which is relatively new included in our signatures)

I know it is a bit of an initial pain but the addins do work reasonably well and are easy to use once installed (there is a video that GerryZ made to help with the installation of the MrExcel Html Maker that I will post if you wish).

Last edited:
TX Mark...this is good advice and good to know.

Since I am still new here, let me see how my interactions will go on this forum and if I need to use file sharing on regular basis. If so, I'll definitely revisit this thread and ask for that video tutorial.

Appreciate the input!
Cheers

Hi Rudi,

Nice to see you here. :)

Hi Rory,

TX for this pleasant welcome. :)
Nice to be here.

I was looking for a place with the topics for Power BI to peruse (interact in). This forum has a whole lounge dedicated to it. I will be doing a lot of reading in this lounge...and interacting in the Excel lounge too when I get a chance.

Cheers!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back