what do i have to do to get answers on my mostly probably easy questions ????

littlepete

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i know i should remain polite,
but why am i getting NOOOOOOOO answers on questions that i think are even not that difficult !!!

i am reading soooooo many answers THAT ALLLLL are wrong !!!
BECAUSE I DO try them all !!! hoping to learn good stuff !

thx...
if you decide to help a bit

pete.

First I notice that you post a lot in the Other languages section - that will immediately reduce the pool of people answering you quite a lot.

Beyond that, if you're not getting answers then you probably need to clarify your questions. I confess I quite often just ignore questions that are too long and rambling without really explaining the issue. Also those that have a lot of capital letters and exclamation marks...

If you're getting a lot of wrong answers, it's quite likely that it's because your question is not clear to others even if you think it makes perfect sense.

Additionally I'm always intrigued as to how people know their questions are simple when they don't know the answer themselves.

i know i should remain polite,
but why am i getting NOOOOOOOO answers on questions that i think are even not that difficult !!!

i am reading soooooo many answers THAT ALLLLL are wrong !!!
BECAUSE I DO try them all !!! hoping to learn good stuff !

thx...
if you decide to help a bit

pete.

. I sympathies the frustrations sometimes, but remember everyone works here voluntarily. Do not expect an answer. If you get one great.
. If not you have lost nothing. I sometimes find when I prepare a question to post, in a clear way for others to understand, I sometimes answer the question myself!!
. To offset the frustration while you are waiting, learn to use all the Forum Tools to give a clear Picture of what you want.
. I personally do not find long explanations of a problem off-putting. For me you cannot give enough info. . , just a personal opinion.
. But do summaries first, at the start, keeping the first bit to the point. Then ramble , if you feel so inclined. Then try to summaries again the specific question.
. BUT, in addition a Picture paints a thousand words. A great Distinguishing characteristic of this Forum is their encouragement to use the Forum Tools ( NOT IMAGES ) that show everything clearly, for everyone to see. ( Codes in Code Tags, Spreadsheet screenshots that can be copied into a Worksheet ). Only as a last resort, or if really necessary drop us off a file. This attitude at MrExcel is very healthy I find. By forcing you to clearly explaining, and importantly SHOW your problem it gets things clear in your own mind, which as I mentioned, sometimes results in you answering the question yourself.

. Also, while you are waiting, see if by chance you can help anyone. If I can, anyone can!!

. You could, after a while BUMP your Thread ( that means simply reply to it yourself and type just Bump ). But do not do that too often as it can be really annoying. And if you have not had any reply at all, then do not Bump for a day or so . This because many regulars start their day by searching through the “zero reply” posts.

. Always acknowledge replies , give feedback, that encouragers help, and paste your final solution if in the end you came up with something better. ( I do note that you do mostly feedback to say thanks, that is appreciated )

. Alan

It stands for Too Long - Didn't Read.

I see it a fair amount in forums where people post questions where they include a lot of information that is completely irrelevant to the problem at hand. It can be a bit of a balancing act to keep the information concise while providing the relevant parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back