Introductions forum?

wellsr

Board Regular
Hi all. I'm new here and I wanted to introduce myself. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an "Introductions" forum where rookies, like myself, introduce themselves and veteran users welcome them to the forums.

Is there not a place for that here or have I simply overlooked it?

wellsr,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

1. What version of Excel, and, Windows are you using?

2. Are you using a PC or a Mac?

I can't seem to find an "Introductions" forum where rookies, like myself, introduce themselves and veteran users welcome them to the forums.

I am not aware of any section of the MrExcel forum per your above quote.

Is there something we can help you with?

hiker95,

I use Excel 2010 on a Windows 7 PC. I'm here to give back to a community that has provided so much over the years. I try to incorporate VBA into my nuclear engineering work each day, so hopefully I can add value to those needing VBA help on MrExcel. I look forward to getting to know you all!

You can use the Lounge, if you like. People have done so before in the past.

....... I'm here to give back to a community that has provided so much over the years......I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hi wellsr,
. Nice to see someone getting real, introducing themselves. Like Joe4 said the Lounge sounds a good place to introduce yourself. I would have done that if I had thought about it last year when I joined. – I did not see at first glance a way to say Hello either.
. Great to see your intent to help as you said in your post #3. Remember if you need any more something important: A nice characteristic of MrExcel is encouraging clear “Pictures” ### ( NOT Images!! – they must be ones we can copy easily to a spreadsheet ). If you are not familiar already then try to get clued up on all the Tools for presenting clearly code and spreadsheet screenshots ( A few links and info in my signature ). It can take a while to get familiar with them or get them downloaded and up and running, but it really benefits everyone in the long run. And as you got real, I guess you are, and I hope so, planning to stay here a while.
. ### Make sure if you present any sample data, show if appropriate what you have BEFORE and what you want AFTER. (Data reduced a bit in size for clarity, and made up if real data is sensitive, but pick out data that represents all scenarios. ) . - “A picture paints a thousand words” – Some of the amazingly talented long term regulars do not always need it, but for the beginners like me it is essential when I try to give a bit back and answer Threads.

Alan Elston

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back