Often unable to "Go Back"

FDibbins

Using IE9, I often have the problem of not being able to "go back", either using the "go back" arrow, or with the "back" key. Repeated clicking/pushing does nothing, no little wheel turning in the tab name, nothing. Like, if I click on a thread to see it, but then want to go back, I often have to click "Search new Posts" to get back...most frustrating.

It does not happen on other forums (or other sites) I go to, just this 1.

Does anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know what might be causing this

Perhaps along the same lines, I often lose the cursor when I'm typing or editing, so if I want to go back and edit something, I cant see where the cursor is until I type something

Hey Ford

Have you tried setting IE to use compatibility mode for this site?

cursor hiding can be the result of mice software, Logitech used to offer that ability as a feature.

IE11 is now out

Rory, I think it is already set at that (it's at work that it happens, and I am off for the next 3 days) - will check when I get back. It happens on 4 different pc's that I work on, all set up the same.

Mole, it's a company PC, no option to update/upgrade/change, if I could change, I would switch to Chrome lol :( Thanks for the suggestion though

I hear that, my firefox is not allowed, but on a serious note, the security patches MS release should mean the latest browser

May sound dumb, never had to use that before - where is that setting?

I'm using Edge, so that's gone, but if you look to the right of the address bar, you'll see a book-type icon with a horizontal split. Click it and you'll be in compatibility mode.

Smitty, thanks for the reply. I could not find that icon. I did, however, look under settings again, and found that option - added the forum to it :) Will see how things go...I regularly work on any 1 of 5 different PC's here, so I will add that to each of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back