Needed Features/Changes!! Please!

I'm not sure where you're getting the vehemence from.

You've expressed an opinion, we've disagreed with it. In response, you have now made what appear to be two personal attacks - calling us 80 year old Republicans and jerks. (I am fairly sure I'm not a Republican; or 80; whether or not I'm a jerk is up for debate).

I'm probably not alone in thinking it strange that you are calling our response immature.

As it stands you are in danger of violating the forum rules, so I politely suggest you take a minute to cool off.

You think that deserves such a defensive, immature response?
Regardless, it's obvious from both of your vehement defenses of the site in its current form, that it is run by people who are the equivalent of an 80 year old Republican, completely resistant to change.
Seems a bit hypocritical to make that statement.
Up to that point, all the responses were professional, until you started slinging around insults.

Seems to me that you like to voice your opinions, but not listen to anyone else's.

Nearly any other company on earth, you send them feedback about their site (usually via email), and you get a return email that says "thank you so much for your feedback!".
In hindsight, maybe that is what we should have done. Just like every other company on earth, say "Thank you for your feedback", then totally discard it (that is pretty much what they all do). But instead people here tried to take the time to explain why things the way they are. I guess that was out mistake for doing that instead of just producing a meaningless generic canned response and moving on...

So now, not only have you turned me off from your site (and I've helped quite a few people here),

By my count since you joined 3 days ago you have posted on three (barring this thread which you started solely to create change)

Wow, you people just don't get it. Now I've got 4, no 5 moderators trying to bully me into submission.
And mole99, you definitely have not helped your colleagues by adding your 2 cents. You should lose your moderator status for this completely false statement:
By my count since you joined 3 days ago you have posted on three (barring this thread which you started solely to create change)
First of all, I joined and made my first post back in May. Then, since ZVA and Michael stopped responding to the thread (I ended up finding the solution to my question on my own), I started helping anyone else that added to thread after that. So if you can't even figure out when i joined and what I've added to this site, then you definitely should not be a moderator.
(barring this thread which you started solely to create change)
Actually, I started this thread to provide feedback. Before you add your 2 cents, you should read the thread in its entirety. Again, undeserving of moderator status.

Wow, you people just don't get it. Now I've got 4, no 5 moderators trying to bully me into submission.

Nope. Again, you don't get it. We're not trying to get you to do anything, hence we can't be bullying you into submission. We're disagreeing with you but trying to explain why we disagree. Perhaps, as Joe said, you'd prefer a different approach, so here goes:

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it! :) :) :)

Reactions: shg
mea culper. my default is only to look at the last couple of days of any forum.
Any how beyond my inability to check back to May, you just won't take a thank you, but NO thank you about your heart felt passionate changes you want us all to adopt.
OK since May you have by the counter posted 27 times (22 outside this thread, is that better)

I wonder how this would fair if your point 2 was implemented, I could have changed my response to you, and then you would have changed yours (or maybe not, who will ever know).
My main moderation function here is to delete the spammers that attack the forum, my comments to you are in essence as a user of excel and this site in particular

my default is only to look at the last couple of days of any forum.
Any how beyond my inability to check back to May, you just won't take a thank you, but NO thank you about your heart felt passionate changes you want us all to adopt.
I don't understand this at all! First, why would you not be able to check back to May? Second, regardless of when your software lets you check back to, it certainly shouldn't give you an incorrect join date. Third, what thank you did I not accept? Nobody thanked me for my feedback until Rory did 5 minutes ago, facetiously. Fourth, is 22 posts (21 of which were answering other people's questions) not quite a few?
Realize this mole, your only contribution to this thread was to tell me that I, in-fact, have not helped quite a few people. Then when you realized you were wrong, you try to downplay it. You should've just left your last post at "mea culpa".

Hmmm, this thread has grown a bit since I posted (and not in a good way)

Perhaps you all need to go back and read my Original post in this thread.

Maybe you can do the same, in my post I made an alternative suggestion to your point #2 in post #3 and stated how I would feel if somebody other than a moderator edited my posts as you suggested in point #3 in post #3.

I do not see how either can be described as
vehement defenses of the site

Please note you are the one who used Wikipedia as an example and yes I will agree with you that there are some things I prefer on StackExchange but there are also things I prefer on Stack Overflow, Excel Forum, Eileen's lounge, Excel Fox, Code Cage, VBA Express and Ozgrid amongst other sites I either still post on or have posted on and you might find this surprising but some things I actually prefer on MrExcel.

At the end of the day the people who own and manage the sites decide how they are run and there are plenty of alternatives if you want something else.

You are free to state your opinion as it is an open forum (as you have) but they make the decisions.

I will state my opinion that statements like

run by people who are the equivalent of an 80 year old Republican, completely resistant to change
Go on not taking any leads from sites who handle coding questions much better than yours
You get a couple of jerks
fear of receiving this type of immature response

don't help your cause if you are serious about making changes to any site.

Anyway that is either my immature or equivalent of an 80 year old Republican (whichever you think fits best(remembering that I am English but we do actually have Republicans, just in a different sense)) response over with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back