J.Ty.

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Today I have found an automatic notification that I have received a new "like". It is very pleasant and I would like to know the reason, i.e., to determine my post which has been liked.

Is there a method to do it, apart from checking everything manually?

Best,

J.Ty.

Short story is the Likes system does not really work.
For more discussion about this see here and further links in post #3 of that thread..

Last edited:
Thanks, Peter. I give you a like, even though it doesn't work as it is supposed to ;)

Perhaps we should inform in the forum rules that likes do not work, and that it is much better to post a short follow-up message in the thread.

J.Ty.

Last edited:
Thanks, Peter. I give you a like, even though it doesn't work as it is supposed to ;)

Perhaps we should inform in the forum rules that likes do not work, and that it is much better to post a short follow-up message in the thread.

J.Ty.
Thanks. :biggrin:

Many people still like to receive 'Likes' and you do see them if you re-visit your threads. It is just that you cannot search for them.

Your suggested message is not really a forum 'rule' nor does it really fit in the 'Forum Posting Guidelines'.
It could possibly be put into the FAQ, but unfortunately those few people with access to editing the FAQ have been too busy with other tasks just keeping the forum running smoothly to get to update the FAQ for quite a while.

Therefore I suspect that it will just stay here in the 'About This Board' forum in quite a number of threads where members may see it, or be referred to them as you were. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back