Password reset process using mobile - DOESN"T WORK

PCRIDE

Why make it soooooo hard to get simple password reset!!!

There is no way to read the captcha without refreshing several times to get it readable to some extent

go through all that to click on the link on a mobile phone then get the same field to reset the password again and re-enter the captcha?

Now i am done yelling at the process.

what phone and software version being used, what mobile browser. Looks like you managed to get on to post

iPhone 6S with Ios 9.3, Safari

SOOO FRUSTRATING!! the captcha is SOOOOO difficult to enter in correctly.

The only way you will truly understand what I went through, and other users is for the moderator to reset their password using their own system. Try it on your phone.

Last edited:
iPhone 6S with Ios 9.3, Safari

SOOO FRUSTRATING!! the captcha is SOOOOO difficult to enter in correctly.

The only way you will truly understand what I went through, and other users is for the moderator to reset their password using their own system. Try it on your phone.
To understand your problem, I did what you suggested - on an iPhone 4 so considerably smaller than yours!

I found the the captcha easy enough to read. I almost immediately received an email asking me to click on the link and my password would be reset. I did so & the page I was directed to told me that my password had been reset & emailed to me. It arrived almost immediately so I selected & copied it, went to MrExcel login page, entered my username & pasted the temporary password - login successful. Whole process took only a few minutes.

Thinking that I may have been lucky with the captcha, I repeated the whole process. Second time round the captcha was bit trickier, but I was still able to enter it successfully without refreshing.

I'm not saying that yours wasn't hard to read, but I did test the process as requested and couldn't re-produce your difficulty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back