Can't Post Attachments - Help!

bencar

Banned user
I want to post an attachment. But I'm not able to given my version of Excel 2016. What are alternative ways to post attachments?

Actually, you never mentioned what your specific problem was, but as far as I know it is compatible with Excel 2016, and there are three other methods mentioned in that thread. At least one - Forum Tools - I know for certain to be compatible.

Actually, you never mentioned what your specific problem was, but as far as I know it is compatible with Excel 2016, and there are three other methods mentioned in that thread. At least one - Forum Tools - I know for certain to be compatible.

I actually did mention it in my first post.

So far I got MrExcelHTML Maker in my add-ins in Excel. But how do I activate it? How does it work? The doc isnt clear on how to make it work.

-------- EDIT ----------

I got it to work. But when I right click to generate HTML, excel isnt responsive. the cursor turns into a circle like its busy but it never stops being busy.

Last edited:
Nowhere in your first post did you mention HTML maker.

In any event, I don't use it I'm afraid so I can't be specific but you enable it the same way you do any add-in. If you recently downloaded it, you will probably need to unblock the .xlam file in Windows Explorer first thanks to a recent security update for Office. To do that, locate the file in Explorer, right click on it, choose Properties and then select the Unblock this file option.

Nowhere in your first post did you mention HTML maker.

In any event, I don't use it I'm afraid so I can't be specific but you enable it the same way you do any add-in. If you recently downloaded it, you will probably need to unblock the .xlam file in Windows Explorer first thanks to a recent security update for Office. To do that, locate the file in Explorer, right click on it, choose Properties and then select the Unblock this file option.
This is my original post:
"I want to post an attachment. But I'm not able to given my version of Excel 2016. What are alternative ways to post attachments?"

So I went ahead and used it but I get a message tat says that i exceeded 100 rows and therefore MrExcelHtml menu cant work. I got an excel file with more than 1,000 rows. Is there any way to generate this amount of rows? Its important.

Last edited:
This is my original post:
"I want to post an attachment. But I'm not able to given my version of Excel 2016. What are alternative ways to post attachments?"

I know - and nowhere there does it say what tool you are using, or even that you are using a tool rather than simply trying to attach a file, which you can't do here.

So I went ahead and used it but I get a message tat says that i exceeded 100 rows and therefore MrExcelHtml menu cant work. I got an excel file with more than 1,000 rows. Is there any way to generate this amount of rows? Its important.

The tool is for posting a screenshot of your data that can be copied and pasted into Excel for testing. It does not attach a copy of your file. Therefore we do not want thousands of rows of data pasted. Frankly even 100 is too many - the people answering the question merely want a sample that they can test on, which would typically be say 20-30 rows at most.

I know - and nowhere there does it say what tool you are using, or even that you are using a tool rather than simply trying to attach a file, which you can't do here.

The tools state that theyre not compatible with my version of Excel 2016.

The tool is for posting a screenshot of your data that can be copied and pasted into Excel for testing. It does not attach a copy of your file. Therefore we do not want thousands of rows of data pasted. Frankly even 100 is too many - the people answering the question merely want a sample that they can test on, which would typically be say 20-30 rows at most.

Then this has to change since its much more covenient to attach a file to see what the user is doing wrong.

Then this has to change since its much more covenient to attach a file to see what the user is doing wrong.
Rory will get right on that -- stand by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back