Sending a mass email using addresses in excel/outlook

Ereece

Hello all,

Once again I have a problem. i am trying to figure out how I can send a mass email to all of the email addresses that are stored on an excel spreadsheet. (It is a membership list)

I know that I can import all of the emails into the contact list, but there are about 500 and it would clutter the contacts. Moreover, the list in excel can change from day to day and I wouldn't want to have to maintain the current contacts.

Pretty much, I am looking for away to import this information for one email at a time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Emily

P.S.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Emily

What do you actually wnat to send?

Have you tried a search on this board?

What email program are you using?

Upvote 0
This is my exact question too.

I have a couple different excel sheets with email addresses, for existing and potential clients. The excel sheets are set up depending on the type of client. I don't want to store the emails in outlook but want to be able to import them from my excel sheet to outlook. I am having trouble figuring this out. I thought I would be a simple task. When I tried it to send out an invite (regular outlook email) the steps I followed from some instructions I had found online had made a seperate address book with the email addresses but it was very difficult to then add them to the email as the set up was all weird. Also too, I don't want them stored in outlook. Plus the lists changes daily as new clients are added every day.

Can anyone expand on the replies already listed here (above)?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance on this matter. Your feed back is greatly appriciated! :)

Hello all,

Once again I have a problem. i am trying to figure out how I can send a mass email to all of the email addresses that are stored on an excel spreadsheet. (It is a membership list)

I know that I can import all of the emails into the contact list, but there are about 500 and it would clutter the contacts. Moreover, the list in excel can change from day to day and I wouldn't want to have to maintain the current contacts.

Pretty much, I am looking for away to import this information for one email at a time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Emily

P.S.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your reply. I checked out his site, looks like a lot of good info. One question though, perhaps I am mis-understanding... his threads explain how to send an email FROM Excel directly... I could not find anything on how to IMPORT email addresses listed in an excel document into a one time outlook email.... :confused:

thanks again for your feedback..

All
Have a look at Ron DeBruins site for ALL methods of E-Mailing Excel stuff

www.rondebruin.nl/

Upvote 0
If it is a one-off can't you copy and paste the range of Addresses from Excel into the
To: Box in Outlook.

Upvote 0
The excel sheet is also like an address book and client info...
ie.
Column A is Client Name, B-E is Client Billing/Shipping Address, F-H are Phone Numbers, I is email address... each row has a different client... each sheet can have couple hundered clients.

I want to extract the email addresses into outlook to send a bulk email to them all in one shot.

I have tried to copy/paste a full column but it doesn't seperate them with a seperator unless I am doing something wrong.

Thanks so much! :oops:

If it is a one-off can't you copy and paste the range of Addresses from Excel into the
To: Box in Outlook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back