Labels in Pic Charts

This is a discussion on Labels in Pic Charts within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I would like to show the label name, value and percentage on my pie chart, but I can only use ...

Board Regular

I would like to show the label name, value and percentage on my pie chart, but I can only use either label name and percentage or value. Is there any way around this?

Board Regular

On 2002-03-07 11:02, nevillestoke wrote:
    I would like to show the label name, value and percentage on my pie chart, but I can only use either label name and percentage or value. Is there any way around this?
    If you have your data in columns, set up another column that concatenates the label
    and value. If A1:A3 have the labels and B1:B3 have the values, make the formula
    in C1=A1&CHAR(13)&B1 , etc. (CHAR(13) adds a carriage return: it will look right in the
    chart.)

Now, right-click in the chart and select Source Data. Change the category labels
    from the default to the new labels you have created (here, C1:C3). Also, make sure that
    Chart Options shows "label and percent."

That should do it.
    "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say!" -- The Doctor, Nightmare of Eden

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others