Multiple rows in cell ?

This is a discussion on Multiple rows in cell ? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I want to put the following into 1 cell of excel> How do I do it? Every time I press ...

Board Regular

I want to put the following into 1 cell of excel> How do I do it? Every time I press return I go to a new cell.

These are the details
    -tech
    -cost
    -performance

MrExcel MVP

Press Alt+Enter where you want to start a new line.

Board Regular

Thank you

I have a slightly different problem.
    I want a cell that contains multiple lines (no problem) but with each line a hyperlink to a different location. As in :

- http://www.yahoo.co.uk
    - http://www.google.co.uk
    - http://www.ask.co.uk

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Thanks.

Default Re: Multiple rows in cell ?

You can only associate one hyperlink with one cell, but you could achieve something very similar to what you want by putting your hyperlink on three different rows in column A, but merge the corresponding three cells in column B (so that they look like one cell). And merge the three cells in column C also, etc.

Hope it's okay to append to this topic since my problem seems kinda related (and I found this topic at the top of the list after a search).

I'm creating 2 lines in a cell via VBA. My code is
    Code:
    title_line = "Vid frågor ta kontakt med ditt" & vbCrLf & "lokala bankkontor"
    Cells(recnr + 1, 2) = title_line
    My problem is that the inserted cell shows a small "square" after the word ditt (the cell DOES contain 2 lines though). If I select the cell and delete the "square", the remaining text is still split onto 2 lines. I'm running Excel in English (at least all the help text is in English) on a Swedish XP machine.

Any suggestions ?

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a bug in Excel depending on the language you're running. The example above gives the erroneous "square" when running XP Pro (Swedish) and English Excel, but doesn't when using EXACTLY the same code/input file etc when using XP Home (English) and Swedish Excel (both versions of Excel seem to be at the same level).

Ho-hum - reported it our support group.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others