"Footer" in Excel Chart

Caliche

What is the best way to have an embeeded chart "footer" with the file's path the chart is in ?. I want to have this in my chart as a reference when I copy my chart to Power Point.

I suppose this must be done with VBA code.

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Caliche

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi Caliche,

How to do this depends on whether you want the chart footer to be visible on the PowerPoint slide. If not, then using VBA to automatically add the path to the chart's footer is the way to go, since you can then paste the chart as an embedded Excel object and the header/footer information is embedded as part of the Excel object.

But if you want the "footer" to be visible on the PowerPoint slide, then you must simulate a footer using a drawing object (Textbox Shape) which VBA code can automatically insert the path into. This has the advantage that the chart can be pasted as an embedded object, a picture object, or as an enhanced metafile (which gives the best graphic quality and the smallest embedded object file size). The latter two object types require using Paste Special.

Let us know whether you want a visible or invisible footer, and we'll help you with the VBA code.

Damon

Upvote 0
Damon Ostrander said:
Let us know whether you want a visible or invisible footer, and we'll help you with the VBA code.

Damon

Thanks Damon for your answer: I want the Excel chart Footer to be visible when I copy it to the PP slide.

Thanks again for your help.

Caliche

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back