Pivot Table using filtered data

This is a discussion on Pivot Table using filtered data within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Good evening Guys and Girls I have a pivot table that uses a dynamic range as its data source. I ...

Default Pivot Table using filtered data

Good evening Guys and Girls

I have a pivot table that uses a dynamic range as its data source.
    I do not always want all of the data in the range to be pivoted so I applied a filter to the data.

The dynamic range works fine but the pivot table uses all of the data on the sheet and not just the filtered data.

What am I doing wrong?

DO I need to use an advanced filter and copy the data to be pivoted to another sheet and use a dynamic range there?

I'm sorry but I'm off to bed now (22:45 GMT) and will probably dream about this problem so any help that you can give me will
    be much appreciated for my health service project oh so near to completion.

Justin

Board Regular

Default Wish this help

I think when you filter out the data it actually just hide the row which data you dont' want to see. For the Privotable the range is still as you decide.
    I dont' kwno how is your table setup but you could add more condition as filter for the privotable. I wish this help you. Or otherwise as you said copy the data you want in a new sheet and do teh dynamic range.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others