Calculating the Pro Rata Factor?

This is a discussion on Calculating the Pro Rata Factor? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; What is the formula to calculate the Pro Rata Factor? Basically I want to be able to take 2 dates ...

Default Calculating the Pro Rata Factor?

What is the formula to calculate the Pro Rata Factor? Basically I want to be able to take 2 dates (start date - end date) then devide by 365 and come up with the pro rata factor. Can anyone help?

acw
    MrExcel MVP

Hi

If you are trying to calculate the percentage of a year the number of days between the 2 dates is then

=(enddate - startdate)/365

Tony

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Calculating the Pro Rata Factor?

What is the formula to calculate the Pro Rata Factor? Basically I want to be able to take 2 dates (start date - end date) then devide by 365 and come up with the pro rata factor. Can anyone help?
    Hi okemn:

Welcome to MrExcel Board!

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for ...

******** ******************** ************************************************************************>
    Microsoft Excel - Book1___Running: xl97 : OS = Windows XP
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    StartDateEndDate
    15-Feb-0621-Dec-041.153
    Sheet1

[HtmlMaker 2.42] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.

formula in cell D3 is ... =(B3-C3)/365

If I have misunderstood you rquestion, please explain a little more clearly and then let us take it from there.
    Regards!

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
    Energy Efficient Building Network LLC
    www.energyefficientbuild.com

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others