Pivot Table Problem

This is a discussion on Pivot Table Problem within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I created a pivot table report and a pivot table chart. When I reopen the file I get this error ...

Default Pivot Table Problem

I created a pivot table report and a pivot table chart. When I reopen the file I get this error and pivot table fields text is all garbbled up (shows squares and asian language)

On opening the file i get an error Unable to read file followed by this message

Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\ruchika\My Documents\Q1 2006 - Calibration\Urs - Quality - Q1 Callibration results.xls'
    The following is a list of repairs:

Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity problems.
    Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity problems.

Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Sitaram

Default Re: Pivot Table Problem

This occurs for me when I copy and paste a worksheet with pivot tables inside the same workbook. I then go in and update the data on the copied tab. All appears to be in order except when after I have closed the file and try to reopen I get the error.

A fix I have found is to go in and value the pivot tables of the copied tab. Less than ideal, but at least I am not losing my file entirely to corruption. I hope this offers a little more insight.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others