How do I keep my font size consistent?

This is a discussion on How do I keep my font size consistent? within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hello there. I have several different worksheets I am working with, and they have varying numbers of columns on them. ...

Hello there. I have several different worksheets I am working with, and they have varying numbers of columns on them. For example, one sheet has 10 columns and another only has 4 columns. I want the columns to fill the page in a landscape view when printed out. The trouble I am having is that when I make the columns fit the page, it changes the size of my font to compensate for the stretching and compressing. This results in large font on the sheets with small numbers of columns, and smaller font size on the sheets with more columns.

Is there a way to make the columns fit the page, but keep the font size consistent throughout the worksheet?

Thanks in advance!

Dan W. Flarida

MrExcel MVP

On 2002-09-03 13:10, flarida wrote:
    Hello there. I have several different worksheets I am working with, and they have varying numbers of columns on them. For example, one sheet has 10 columns and another only has 4 columns. I want the columns to fill the page in a landscape view when printed out. The trouble I am having is that when I make the columns fit the page, it changes the size of my font to compensate for the stretching and compressing. This results in large font on the sheets with small numbers of columns, and smaller font size on the sheets with more columns.

Is there a way to make the columns fit the page, but keep the font size consistent throughout the worksheet?

Thanks in advance!

Dan W. Flarida

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the board.

Certainly not a way I've heard of,
    the only way is to experiment with the font sizes on each page until your happy that they are all of similar 'print' size.

FYI, It doesn't change the size of the Font, YOU change the size of the percentage of the Font.
    "Have a good time......all the time"
    Ian Mac

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping there would be some way to keep it consistent without having to manually adjust it over the life of the document.

Thanks again,

Dan W. Flarida

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others