Formatting VBA Variables as Currency

This is a discussion on Formatting VBA Variables as Currency within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I'm trying to get the sum of a set of numbers and when I use Format(variable,"Currency"), it leaves the sum ...

Default Formatting VBA Variables as Currency

I'm trying to get the sum of a set of numbers and when I use Format(variable,"Currency"), it leaves the sum with only a decimal point at the end and no numbers to the right of the decimal point. I have verified that there should be numbers to the right of the decimal point, they're just not showing up.

How can I get VBA to recognize the numbers to the right of a decimal point?

Hi dgav1480,

This is very strange! The "Currency" format should always give a result in the form:

$123,892.78

or

$123,892.00

if no pennies. So you are getting a result that looks like

$123,892. or just $123,892

Is this correct???

If so, then I suspect that the problem has nothing to do with Excel or Format, but with the Windows default currency representation. To check this go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. If the default currency representation displays without cents, click on the Customize button and change it.

Damon

Default I figured it out

I Dim'ed my variables as Long instead of Double. That seemed to do the trick.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others