1. Open a blank Excel file.
2. Open the VBA editor by pressing
, or by selecting Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor from the menu bar.
3. In the VBA editor, select Insert/Module from the menu bar.
4. Copy and paste the following text into the Module1(Code) window of the VBA editor.
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
5. Go back to your blank Excel file and type “Footer Macro” in cell A1.
6. Run the macro by selecting Tools/Macro/Macros . . . and selecting UpdateFooter from the macro list. Click Run.
7. Save the file as Footer Macro (you can save it anywhere, but preferably to your personal document file).
Now you can invoke the macro from any Excel file.