Changing Font on Form Controls

imported_unknown

Using the “Forms” toolbar, I have put a “Group Box” with 7 “Option Buttons” and a separate “Combo Box” onto Sheet1 in my workbook. I can edit the text on the “Group Box” and the “Option Buttons” using: [Right mouse click menu] “Edit Text”, but this only lets me change the text that appears on each control. I want to change the font size, how do I do that? Also, after I populate the “Combo Box” with my list, I can’t change the font size of what is displayed in the “Combo Box” control. Can anyone help me?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
You're out of luck. You can't adjust the font on controls from the Forms toolbar.

But you can on controls from the Control Toolbox toolbar.

Upvote 0
I don't think you can change the font style of controls from the forms menu from the default. If you really want to do this, consider using controls from the controls toolbox- you can then modify the fonts etc through right-clicking and selecting Properties. (nb the frame (similar to groupbox) control doesn't appear on mine, you'll need to click on the 'More Controls' button and scroll down to find it under Microsoft Forms 2.0 Frame, or similar).

Upvote 0
This is the trick, the Group Box is not part of the Object Group so none of the Object properties, like: Bold, Size or Color will work in code or menu options, So;

Build your Group Box then edit out the lable with spaces matching the number of characters you want in your new lable, then:

Open the: View-Toolbars-Control Toolbar, select "Lable" drag it in-place of your Group Box caption (now only spaces). Right click the Lable box, select Properies.

Hit the "Categorized" tab, select "Font" pick your size and bold, change font style if needed. Select "Misc" Name and type your new lable.

You can click the lable box and fine-tune its lable placement on your group box. If the spaces in the Group Box frame are of the wrong size, move the control lable out of the way and edit the Group Box spaces, reposition the lable box and you are done. You now have a custom labled Group Box. JSW

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MushtaqAli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back