Convert seconds to time display HH:MM:SS

This is a discussion on Convert seconds to time display HH:MM:SS within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Is there any relativley easy way to take a number of seconds, say 105499, and convert it to HH:MM:SS? I ...

Is there any relativley easy way to take a number of seconds, say 105499, and convert it to HH:MM:SS? I know the answer is 29:18:19, but the report generator I use exports in seconds only, and I need HH:MM:SS.

y2k
    Board Regular

Format the cell that contains the value as hh:mm:ss by choosing format cells and choosing custom from the list ont he left. On the right, choose hh:mm:ss. I don't think I've explained myself very well so I hope you know what I mean?????

Rest in Peace

Hi Joe

If your seconds are C1 use:

=C2/(1440*60)

And custom format as [h]:mm:ss

Actually, that was one of the first things I tried, and it just returns 00:00:00.

Board Regular

Hiya,

Step 1: Divide your seconds by 86400 (easiest way might be to copy a cell with 86400 and then hit paste specialdivide over your range).

Step 2: Format CellsTime and you'll want to use the "37:30:55" choice. The custom format "hh:mm:ss" will only recycle numbers over 24 hours. I'm sure there's a custom format you could also choose, but the above is already in the listings for time anyway.

Hope that helps,
    Adam S.

Rest in Peace

On 2002-03-19 07:08, joe77 wrote:
    Actually, that was one of the first things I tried, and it just returns 00:00:00.
    Joe:

=C2/(1440*60)

And custom format as [h]:mm:ss

Does work.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others