Non-macro refresh button

This is a discussion on Non-macro refresh button within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi, does anyone know a way to create a non-macro refresh button on a page. I have a table (I ...

Default Non-macro refresh button

Hi, does anyone know a way to create a non-macro refresh button on a page. I have a table (I think it's a pivot), that takes data from anther table, but you have to right-click it and press Refresh Data, but I want to make a button on the sheet to do that.

Board Regular

When the active cell is in the pivot table, the pivot table toolbar shows and it has a refresh button on it. Just click that; no need to right-click anything.

The "pivot table" and "external data" toolbars (view --> toolbars) both have buttons for "refresh data".

Or, if you don't want the whole toolbar, go to view --> toolbars --> customize, and in the "data" section of the "commands" page, there is a button for "refresh data". Just drag that button onto one of your existing toolbars.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." Bertrand Russell

Ok, I dont think I was totally clear, but thanks for all your help anyway. Basically I have an excel spreadsheet that I will be giving to other people, and I want there to be a REFRESH button or to make it automatically refresh the data. It has to be super easy.

Any way you slice it, you're probably looking at having to do some form of training.

You'd either have to give basic training for how to refresh pivot tables, give basic training about enabling macros, or give basic training about how to load an add-in. There really isn't a non-macro way to automatically load the toolbars for someone...
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." Bertrand Russell

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others