Is there a way around the 1024 character limit in a cell

1Roberta1

Board Regular
Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way around the 1024 character limit in a cell Excel 2000.

I know that the formula bar holds 32.000+ characters but will only show approx 1024 in the cell and will only print out aprrox 1024.

I have converted my excel sheet into word so that I can display more characters, however i am missing/needing some of the functions that excel allows, it would be great if there was a way around this limit.

Can anyone help? Or was my option for converting it to word the only solution?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi

You would have to split your text between cells (there's no way around the limit, altho you can actually get slightly more than 1024 characters in a cell dependent on the font and text size).

Upvote 0
Thanks for your prompt response. I will try making my font smaller if that doesn't fix it I will look at splitting the text. (Thats something else I learnt from this forum :) )

You guys/girls are great. :cool:

Thanks again for your response is much appreciated :)

Hopefully someday soon I will be able to contribute and help out other people here too. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You're welcome :)

When i say you can get slightly more, I really do mean only slightly eg you might be able to get 1100 characters instead, so this may well not be that useful to you.

Upvote 0
Excellent I will remember that for future spreadsheets that I create. (Back converting is not really an option now just because of the amount of work that I have already completed)

I will be able to use both Richards and your method for different sheets that I need to create each month.

Thanks again :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back