Worksheet / Workbook on a server

Mhat

Hi all,

I have a workbook that has a userform with comboboxes that references a worksheet to fill the boxes. The reference worksheet is updated frequently and in order to make the most current sheet available to everyone I wanted to centralize the data on our server. I tried putting the entire workbook on the server so you could log on to the server and run the workbook from there, but that didn't work. I thought about putting just the worksheet on the server but I'm not sure how to link all the workbooks to the sheet. I have had trouble in the past linking my VBA references to things that have been moved.

I have read a couple of threads in the archives about servers but most of those questions seem to be geared towards several people working a project and having access to workbook. I would think this is a fairly common requirement for offices - can anyone shed some light on the subject.

Regards,

Mike

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back