Displaying percentage values over 100%

jkktx81

Board Regular
I'm trying to make my spreadsheet display over 100% while calculating a long column of entries. Each entry is showing percentage cost per hour of a benchmark of $65.00 per hour. When an entry for example is $51.10 the percentage displays 0.79%, but if the entry is for example $73.89 then the displayed value is 1.14%.

How do I make this display the percentage over the benchmark of 65 as 110, 115 or whatever it calculates out?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi jkktx81:

What is the formula you are using to get your answer? If you post it I or someone may be able to assist.

Take Care,
Mark

Upvote 0
I'm trying to make my spreadsheet display over 100% while calculating a long column of entries. Each entry is showing percentage cost per hour of a benchmark of $65.00 per hour. When an entry for example is $51.10 the percentage displays 0.79%, but if the entry is for example $73.89 then the displayed value is 1.14%.

How do I make this display the percentage over the benchmark of 65 as 110, 115 or whatever it calculates out?

Thanks

If you want .79% (instead of 79%) then 1.14% is correct. I suspect you want BOTH 79% and 114%. Am I correct?

Upvote 0
Yes I would like to have both. If it is greater than 65 then it would show 100 plus, and if less than 65 the it would show 79%.

SUM(AD4/AG4)%

Upvote 0
The SUM is not necessary as you are not summing anything, but take the % off the end of your formula, and format as %

=AD4/AG4

But I'm confused by this part:
If it is greater than 65 then it would show 100 plus, and if less than 65 the it would show 79%.
If it is over 65% then you want to show the text 100 plus, or a percentage? If a percentage was 66% then 66% would not be 100+. Please clarify.

Upvote 0
Hey, Hot. I think the "it" in the OP's "If it is greater than 65..." is just the value in AD4, not the resultant.

So, =AD4/AG4 formatted as a percentage should be good to go.

Upvote 0
$65.00 per hour is our benchmark, (not 100.00 per hour).

So what we are trying to see is our percentage at, less than or greater than 65.00 per hour. (65.00 per hour equals 100% in this instance)

Upvote 0
Right. If AG4 stores $65.00 (the baseline) and AD4 stores the input (say, $100.00), =AD4/AG4 formatted (format --> cells --> number tab --> percentage) as a percentage will display 154%. If AD4 stores $30.00, the same formula will display 46%.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back