Excel 2003 - Calculating Age in a Range of Cells

This is a discussion on Excel 2003 - Calculating Age in a Range of Cells within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to calculate age from a birthdate in a range of ...

Default Excel 2003 - Calculating Age in a Range of Cells

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to calculate age from a birthdate in a range of cells. For example, Birthdate is in column B, B2 to B110, and Age is in column C, C2 to C110. I'm using the following formula:
    =DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y")
    I'm just wondering if there is an easier alternative than inputing and changing this formula for each cell. Thanks!

Default Re: Excel 2003 - Calculating Age in a Range of Cells

Hi and welcome to the board,

Is it not possible to copy and paste the formula down? The formula will move respectively all the way down.

Row 2 = =DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y")
    Row 3 = =DATEDIF(B3,TODAY(),"y")
    Etc....
    Regards

Mikey B

It only seems to allow me to paste one cell at a time and then I have to go back and change the numbers of the corresponding cells, B2 to B3 and so on. Willing to do this, but it seemed time intensive and I thought there might be a better way.

Welcome to the board.

Since B2 is a relative reference (as opposed to an absolute reference where B$2 would "lock" the 2 as you copy down or $B$2 would lock both the B and the 2 as you copy down or across), you can just copy and paste (or click and drag the bottom right corner of the cell, which changes to a black + sign when you hover the cursor over it) your formula down.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by cquinones View Post
    It only seems to allow me to paste one cell at a time and then I have to go back and change the numbers of the corresponding cells, B2 to B3 and so on. Willing to do this, but it seemed time intensive and I thought there might be a better way.
    If you select multiple destination cells before you paste, Excel will paste the formula into all of the selected cells...
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." Bertrand Russell

Thanks, you rock!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others