Charts - x-axis data=A column; y-axis data=B column

This is a discussion on Charts - x-axis data=A column; y-axis data=B column within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; In my worksheet I have 2 columns of data. 600 data points in each column. 1. How do I set ...

In my worksheet I have 2 columns of data. 600 data points in each column.

1. How do I set a line graph/chart up so that column A-cell 1 ($A$1) is the x-axis point and then the point plotted on the graph is column B-cell 1 ($B$1) and so on for all the cell entries in the 2 columns?

2. Once I have the above graph completed how do I import new data into those same cells and have the graph update to display the new data points?

MrExcel MVP

See the Excel Help topic for "Create a chart".

I know this is an OLD post, but if you can't be more helpful than that, Mark W., then don't reply.

I believe I have found the answer to this question. The answer is, at least if you want a line chart, that it cannot be done. If anybody has any information to the contrary, then please enlighten me.

VoG
    MrExcel MVP

If you are referring to Q2 Then select your new data and copy, select the chart, Edit > Paste Special and follow the prompts to add the new data.
    HTH, Peter
    Please test any code on a copy of your workbook.

Thanks for your reply. I can't test it until Monday, but even then, I need to do it programmatically - via VBA. Got any pointers on how to do that? With a Line Chart?

Thanks again!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others