Protecting worksheets/workbook

This is a discussion on Protecting worksheets/workbook within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; I want to email a spreadsheet to a client. The workbook has many different worksheets in it. I know that ...

I want to email a spreadsheet to a client. The workbook has many different worksheets in it. I know that I can go in and protect each worksheet so that the client is only able to view and print the file and not allowed to make any changes to it. To keep from going into each worksheet and protecting each individual one each time I want to send the client this file, I can set up a macro to protect and protect all of the worksheets at one time. But when the client receives this file, he or she will be able to run the macro and unprotect it and make changes to it. Is there a different way of protecting this information?

Board Regular

Yes, put the protection macro in your Personal.xls instead of ThisWorkbook. Then you will be able to access it, but not the client.
    Have a Happy!
    Julica
    [Excel2007 SP2 on WinXP SP3]

Hi,

You can do it into your Personal.xls, or you can create 2 command buttons (one to protect & one to unprotect the whole WorkSheets) in another separate sheet. Then you hide this sheet as xlveryHidden.

Hope this can help.
    Excello

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others