Fill/Series Greyed out

This is a discussion on Fill/Series Greyed out within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hello, all I have one excel sheet that is giving me this problem. When I highlight a column of numbers ...

Default Fill/Series Greyed out

Hello, all

I have one excel sheet that is giving me this problem. When I highlight a column of numbers and click Fill..., Series is greyed out. When i drag the fill handle, the values copy. , i.e. 1 2 3 becomes 1 1 1.

My question is this: Under what conditions does this happen? This seems pretty vague but I've been enlisted to help someone, but I'm not allowed (!!) to actually view the data except with direct supervision and i certainly may not have a copy. This is utterly ridiculous, that is completely true.

Anyway, if someone could tell me under what conditions Fill>Series becomes unavailable and filling operates as if the CTRL key is down, that would be helpful to me. Hopefully this problem is not too annoying to reply to. It's nearly too annoying to support but i do value my job!

Default Re: Fill/Series Greyed out

check your options setting , enable autocomplete for cell values may be,
    and did you click all 1 2 3 then pull, or just 3 and pulled.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others