Macro Button Colors for Excel 2007

This is a discussion on Macro Button Colors for Excel 2007 within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; How do I edit or change the Macro Button Face color in Excel 2007. I had the capability in Office ...

Default Macro Button Colors for Excel 2007

How do I edit or change the Macro Button Face color in Excel 2007. I had the capability in Office XP, but I cant find a way with 2007 yet. I can change the Font color, but not the button face color. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    LC

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Macro Button Colors for Excel 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lcolson View Post
    How do I edit or change the Macro Button Face color in Excel 2007. I had the capability in Office XP, but I cant find a way with 2007 yet. I can change the Font color, but not the button face color. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    LC
    Can you explain just what you mean by 'the Macro Button'?
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter

- Read: Posting Guidelines, Forum Rules & FAQs
    - Want to post a small screen shot? Try one of these Excel jeanie, MrExcel HTML Maker or Borders-Copy-Paste (To test: Test Here)
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker

I'm referring to the command button to run the macro. I have added it to my worksheet. It is grey. In Excel 2003 I could change the color of the button so it stands out more. With Excel 2007, I am only able to change the color of the font, not the color of the button itself.

I hope this helps,
    Larry

MrExcel MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lcolson View Post
    I'm referring to the command button to run the macro. I have added it to my worksheet.
    From where? Form Controls? ActiveX Controls? Something else?

If ActiveX, then can you right click, choose 'Properties' and change the 'BackColor' property?

If not ActiveX, then what sort of button and how did you change the colour in Excel 2003?
    Peter

- Want to post a small screen shot? Try one of these Excel jeanie, MrExcel HTML Maker or Borders-Copy-Paste (To test: Test Here)
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker

FORM CONTROL. I go to the Developer tab, then Insert, but my Active X buttons are not highlighted and I cannot access them for some reason in that worksheet.

MrExcel MVP

You didn't say how you coloured these Form Control Command Buttons in Excel 2003? Or were you using Control ToolBox Command Buttons then?

In Excel 2007, have a look here:
    Office button|Excel options|Trust Center|Trust Center Settings|ActiveX Settings
    Maybe you have 'Disable all...'?
    Have a look in the built-in Help if you need more info about this.
    Last edited by Peter_SSs; Dec 4th, 2008 at 07:27 AM.
    Peter

Thanks Peter, I'll check it out

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others