Debit and Credit Running Balance

This is a discussion on Debit and Credit Running Balance within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hello, Could anyone recommend a slick way of producing a debit and credit running balance for a double-entry bookkeeping account? ...

Board Regular

Default Debit and Credit Running Balance

Hello,
    Could anyone recommend a slick way of producing a debit and credit running balance for a double-entry bookkeeping account?

I envision four columns: debit, credit, debit balance, and credit balance.

The challenge seems to lie in cases where a debit is made that exceeds the former credit balance (or a credit is made that exceeds the former debit balance). In other words, a credit balance becomes a debit balance, or vice versa.

Thanks for the help

Default Re: Debit and Credit Running Balance

maybe something like this:

******** ******************** src="http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/...<CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center>
    Microsoft Excel - Book2___Running: xl2002 XP : OS =
    (F)ile (E)dit (V)iew (I)nsert (O)ptions (T)ools (D)ata (W)indow (H)elp (A)bout
    =

A
    B
    C
    D
    DRCRDR BALCR BAL
    100 1000
    500 3000
    Sheet2 

[HtmlMaker 2.42] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
    PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.
    You may not know the secrets of the Universe but there is one thing you should know. Everyone born in and of this Earth knows not more to such matters than you and possesses no more clairvoyance or holiness than you. So if you ought to believe in something…believe in YOURSELF!

formula I had in cell D2 was (which didn't show in my previous post):

Code:

=IF(SUM($A$2:$A2)-SUM($B$2:$B2)>=0,0,SUM($A$2:$A2)-SUM($B$2:$B2))*-1
    You may not know the secrets of the Universe but there is one thing you should know. Everyone born in and of this Earth knows not more to such matters than you and possesses no more clairvoyance or holiness than you. So if you ought to believe in something…believe in YOURSELF!

Board Regular

Brilliant! Thanks for your help, Crimson!

I am having the same problem.......from above formula i am still confused....i have debit value and credit value it should get updated from opening value......if there is any credit then it should add and if there is any debit then it should deduct from respective opening value.

Waiting for your reply...!!!!!!!!!

can you post the setup of your data and perhaps I can better assist you.

Quote Originally Posted by ashishbarot View Post
    I am having the same problem.......from above formula i am still confused....i have debit value and credit value it should get updated from opening value......if there is any credit then it should add and if there is any debit then it should deduct from respective opening value.

Waiting for your reply...!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! It helps me alot.
    Kindly solve an another problem of mine, In the next cell of 'Balance' which have no value in 'Debit' & 'Credit' Columns, should not show the value in 'Balance'. Plz Help Me for this. Only Show value in 'Balance' when I have data in 'Debit' & 'Credit'. No need of drag the Formula just enter the value and get the result.
    Like; If my Data is:
    Debit Credit Balance
    100 100
    80 20
    200 220
    300 520
    20 500
    50 550
    100 650
    30 620
    500 1120
    Last edited by Soomaiya; Jul 14th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others